Jun 14, 2010

Hot Jam

This long weekend was spent heading to the Great Southern Slam - a whole weekend jam-packed (pun intended) of roller derby madness. With teams from New Zealand and from all corners of Australia, it was a weekend of amazing derby night and day. There was of course sweat, blood and tears but also booze, laughter and hoarse voices. Even though the Adelaidies didn't make it to top spot (they finished third - that's right, the number three team in the southern hemisphere!) it was still an absolutely fantastic couple of days. The highlight has to be the grand final though, there were fierce, tight jams and such a close scoreboard in the end. All in all, I hope this show hits the road (or track) next year, because this was some seriously hot wheels.

Update: Not all the photos are of amazing quality, I'm not quite used to snapping such fast-paced fun. As you can probably tell, I tend to photograph the still beauty in life, not those on wheels speeding around a track, so I apologise. I also apologise that I didn't snap any photos of the finals because it was just too hard to tear my eyes away from the jams to actually take any decent photos.

Northern Brisbane Rollers v Newcastle





Adelaidies v Van Diemen Rollers








And finally Victorian All Stars v Newcastle


And never to be forgotten - team zebra. I only snapped one photo of a ref for all the bouts, but I thought they deserve a mention nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. Ok wow noods, they are awesome and i totally want to do roller derby now!! bring it on!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails