Jun 17, 2010

Typwriters & vintage cameras

Who doesn't love them a bit of vintage? I know it's very 'in' right now, but what's not to love? There's stories and memories ingrained in these beautifully crafted objects and they have a ton more character than modern, mass-produced flimsy things. They're a breath of fresh air and I personally love nothing more than something that's lovingly well-made. So when I was home last, my Mum, my sister and I went to my favourite vintage store near town and shopped up a storm (well I did anyway). My mum bought this gorgeous old typewriter to put in her new cupboard and I bought this lovely old camera (that I left at home to adorn the new cupboard). I stole a bit of a photography tip from this fabulous blog that said to put a stocking over the camera to give a lovely soft feel to the pictures. I thought the typewriter and camera were extremely fitting candidates for such a feminine, soft shoot.








And here's the beautiful brownie camera:




1 comment:

  1. wow what beautiful old camera, i once i met this photographer who used an old camera which sort of looked like this and he got the most beautiful shots with it

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails