Aug 6, 2010

Winter wonderland

When I walked outside to hang out my washing today, I was greeted by the loveliest sight. There were almond blossoms and bright red flowers littering the backyard. In the last throes of Winter, it's nice to see a hint of Spring to remind me it's just around the corner. The almond blossoms are the white with the softest hint of pastel pink while the red flowers (as usual I have no clue as to the name of the plant) are bright, crimson red and are growing all over the backyard. It's nice to add a touch of colour to an otherwise monotone green palate.

So first things first, here are the red flowers who are doing a lovely job adorning my backyard.











And here's the wonderfully subtle pink and white hues of the almond blossoms. It was such a pleasant treat on a Winter's afternoon.













No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails